Changes to Policy
- Application of Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA") and all the associated regulations and guidelines as may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission ("PDPC") of Singapore. In jurisdictions outside of Singapore, Diners’s practices may be subject to different or more restrictive local laws.
- Collection on Personal Data
For the purpose of carrying on the Diners's business, including registration and administration of Diners's related products and services (including relevant online services), you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
- Full Name;
- Residential Address;
- Copy of identity card (Singapore & PR) or Passport & Employment Pass (Foreigner);
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- Contact details, including telephone number or email address;
- Employment information (Company’s Name/Designation or Position/Date Join);
- Latest income documentation;
- Latest billing proof of address (where applicable);
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more "cookies." By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Generally, you can remove these cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. If you choose not to allow us to place a cookie on your computer, you may be restricted from some services and some of the interactive features offered on our websites may be similarly restricted or rendered inoperable.
- Use of Personal Data Collected
Diners either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes the following purposes:
- processing your application for Card Account, services and products by us;
- account opening and operations relating to the Card Account, establishing or revising a Credit Limit and closing the Card Account;
- managing our business operations and complying with our internal policies and procedures;
- administrating loyalty and rewards programs (including but not limited to the processing of redemption vouchers, benefits or entitlements);
- conducting checks with the Do Not Call Registry;
- providing services and facilities to you;
- administrating or managing the relationship between you and us;
- carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries by you;
- conducting identity or credit checks;
- developing new services or products;
- providing you with marketing, advertising and promotional information, materials or documents we think may be of interest to you. We may disclose your Personal Data to business partners (such as co-branders) for use in developing and marketing offers to you. You have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information. You can do so by writing to us, telephoning us or sending an e-mail to us at our address or number on the Website. If you do not exercise your right to opt out of receiving such marketing information, you will be considered to have consented to the receiving of such marketing information and we may continue to provide such marketing information to you;
- complying with any law or the requirements of any regulatory authority. We reserve the right to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorised under any written law, even where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent;
- seeking professional advice (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
- updating you on our products and services;
- advising an Establishment or other interested person the Card numbers of new, renewed, replaced or terminated Cards so that they can, amongst other things, process a Transaction or refuse to process a Transaction;
- processing any applications or requests for new products or services made by you;
- enforcing our rights against you;
- maintaining the safety and security of our premises with the use of security cameras;
- carrying out any proposed novation, assignment, transfer or sale of any of our rights or obligations with respect to the Card Account or any facilities and services available in association with the Card; and
- taking out an insurance policy which may provide coverage to you and some members of your immediate family.
We will not use, disclose or process your Personal Data for purposes which are not stated above or for which we have not obtained your consent. If we wish to use, disclose or process your Personal Data for another purpose we will seek your prior written consent.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
All personal data held by Diners will be kept confidential but Diners may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with Diners;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of Diners, or jointly with Diners, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
- Business partners (such as co-branders) for use in developing and marketing offers to you.
- Where the basic card applicant has given 3rd Party Authorization (by email or fax) to disclose his/her application status to his/her nominated 3rd party individual.
- Withdrawal of Consent
- For direct marketing purposes
You have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information. You can do so by writing to us, telephoning us or sending an e-mail to us at our address or number on the Website. If you do not exercise your right to opt out of receiving such marketing information, you will be considered to have consented to the receiving of such marketing information and we may continue to provide such marketing information to you
- To collect, use, disclose or retain personal data:
If you do not wish us to use or disclose your Personal Data for any of the above purposes, you may withdraw your consent at any time by giving written notice to us pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. However, depending on the circumstances and the nature or extent of your withdrawal, the withdrawal of your consent may result in us not being able to provide services to you and we may terminate the Card Account.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accuracy of Personal Data
Diners keeps personal data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of our customers. Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the requests to see original documentation before we may use the personal data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
- Protection of Personal Data
Diners protects personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data, regardless of the format in which it is held.
We use various methods to safeguard personal data. They include:
- Physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and alarm systems.
- Technical measures: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices.
- Administrative measures: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
Online security is also a priority. Diners incorporates security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect personal data from unauthorized use. Firewalls are utilised to protect our servers and network from unauthorised users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
- Retention of Personal Data
Diners will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, Diners will delete or destroy the personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you.
- Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
We may transfer personal data to our affiliates outside of Singapore. We have taken steps to ensure that appropriate levels of protection necessary to maintain the security and integrity of your personal data are in place and that any transferred data is processed only in accordance with the PDPA and any other applicable law.
It has always been a crucial part of our business operations to ensure that you are kept informed of the purposes for which any personal information we obtain from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or otherwise processed by us. We have endeavoured to ensure that any of your personal information in our possession is used strictly for the intended purposes only.
In this regard, with the enactment of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), you may write to us at any time at the below address if you would like details on the personal information we may hold about you or if you would like us to correct them:
The Personal Data Protection Officer
Diners Club (Singapore) Pte Ltd
7500-E Beach Road
#03-201 The Plaza