An ongoing phishing campaign is targeting Diners Club Cardmembers. In this campaign, an email will be sent to Diners Club Cardmembers, informing them that some suspicious activities are going on in their account and need to secure their account by clicking on an URL inside that email; otherwise the account will be suspended or de-activated.
This URL brings customers to a phishing website designed to steal customer IDs, passwords, credit card details and contact information. A sample of the phishing email and website is provided for reference below.
Please protect yourself from this!
Diners Club Cardmembers are reminded to refrain from providing any confidential information. Please take note:
- Do not download or open attachments in suspicious emails.
- Never reply to unsolicited emails.
- Always type in the URL of the Diners Club website directly into the address bar of your browser, and check that the website you are accessing is the valid Diners Club websites:
- Call us immediately at 6571 0128 (office hours) or 6416 0900 (after office hours), if you notice unknown transactions appearing on your account.
- Always review the SMS alerts from Diners Club and call us immediately if you receive any suspicious SMS.
- Always protect your computer by using an anti-virus software and keep it updated with the latest anti-virus signature and operating system/software patches.
- Learn how to differentiate a fake/phishing website from a legitimate one with the following quiz: https://www.opendns.com/phishing-quiz/
Sample of the Phishing Email:
Sample of the Phishing Fake Website: