Diners Club Tax Payment Service Terms & Conditions
Click here for the Full set of Card Terms and Conditions
Any Personal Basic Cardholder of Diners Club (Singapore) Pte Ltd (“Diners Club”), whose Card Account is current and in good standing as determined by Diners Club, may apply for Diners Club Tax Payment Service (“TPS”). Club Rewards points will not be awarded. The eligible age criterion is between 21 and 65 years.
- A TPS application will be processed for advances from S$500 up to 90% of the combined Credit Limit or a maximum of S$50,000 (whichever is lower). If the TPS amount would exceed 90% of the available Credit Limit at the time of approval or S$50,000, Diners Club will determine the TPS amount at its absolute discretion and its decision is final.
- Diners Club may approve or reject an application at its absolute discretion without assigning any reason. This includes an application which does not satisfy the criteria in paragraphs 1 and 2. Diners Club will not be liable for any failure or delay in the cardholder’s tax payment(s) as a result of any outcome of the application.
- A non-refundable Processing Fee of 3% (for a 6-month tenure) or 6% (for a 12-month tenure) of the TPS amount will be allocated to the Cardholder’s Card Account following disbursement of the advance.
- Submission of a copy of “Notice of Assessment” for Income Tax payment or “Property Tax Bill” for Property Tax is required.
- Cardholders are solely responsible for making the necessary payment arrangement (i.e. the IRAS deduction of the designated bank/GIRO account) with IRAS directly.
- If the Cardholder has a credit card, the TPS amount is allocated to the Cardholder’s Card Account when the advance is made. When allocated to the Card Account the TPS amount and the Processing Fee are part of the Total Indebtedness. The Total Indebtedness must not exceed the Credit Limit. As payments are received by Diners Club the Total Indebtedness will be reduced which restores the available Credit Limit which the Cardholder can use in accordance with the Credit Card Terms and Conditions.
- If the Cardholder has a charge card, the Credit Limit is reduced by the TPS amount. As instalments are allocated to the Cardholder’s Card Account in accordance with paragraph 11 the Credit Limit is restored.
- The TPS amount can be repaid by six (6) or twelve (12) monthly instalments. Those instalments will be equal except cents will be rounded up and included in the first instalment. The first instalment and the Processing Fee are due on the Payment Due Date specified on the first monthly statement which is issued after the TPS amount is advanced. The second and subsequent instalments are due on the Payment Due Dates specified on the corresponding statements. If the first instalment and the Processing Fee are paid on or before the first of those Payment Due Dates and each subsequent instalment is paid on or before its Payment Due Date the interest charge will not be levied under the relevant Diners Club Card Terms and Conditions on the TPS amount or the Processing Fee so long as the Current Balance shown on the preceding monthly statement was paid on or before the stated Payment Due Date. The Cardholder cannot change the instalments.
- If the Cardholder has a credit card and the TPS amount and the Processing Fee are not paid in accordance with paragraph 9 the Cardholder must pay them, together with other amounts comprising the Total Indebtedness, by paying at least the Minimum Payment shown on each monthly statement. The daily balance of the instalment which could have been paid under paragraph 9 and the Processing Fee will accrue the interest charge which is levied under the Credit Card Terms and Conditions from the date Diners Club posts the instalment or Processing Fee to the Cardholder’s Card Account. Diners Club can appropriate the payments between the TPS amount, the Processing Fee and other amounts comprising the Total Indebtedness in its absolute discretion.
- If the Cardholder has a charge card the first monthly instalment under paragraph 9 will be allocated to the Cardholder’s Card Account when the advance was disbursed and the subsequent instalments will be allocated on or about the same day in each following month. The Cardholder must pay the full Current Balance shown on each monthly statement on or before the stated Payment Due Date. That balance will, on the first monthly statement issued after the advance was made, include the first instalment and the Processing Fee and will, on the subsequent monthly statements, include the subsequent instalments. If the required payment is not made the interest charge which is levied under the Charge Card Terms and Conditions will accrue. In the case of an instalment or Processing Fee it accrues from the day it was allocated until it is paid.
- If the Cardholder has a credit card he/she may at any time elect to make full payment of the Total Indebtedness (which includes the balance of the TPS amount) or pay an amount which is greater than the Minimum Payment. If the Cardholder has a charge card he/she may at any time elect to pay the balance of the TPS amount. In either case there is no reduction in the TPS amount which must be paid and the Cardholder is not entitled to a rebate of the Processing Fee. If Diners Club makes demand for payment of the Total Indebtedness (if the Cardholder has a credit card) or for payment of the outstanding balance of the TPS amount (if the Cardholder has a charge card) or the Cardholder’s Card Account is terminated by either the Cardholder or Diners Club for any reason the balance of the TPS amount will become immediately due and payable. If the TPS amount is repaid or becomes due and payable earlier than would be required by the instalments specified in paragraph 9 the Cardholder must pay an Early Repayment Fee of S$150.
- Diners Club is entitled, from time to time, in its absolute discretion, to vary these terms and conditions, including the fees payable, without notice and without giving any reason.
- When the TPS amount is advanced the relevant Diners Club Card Terms and Conditions and these terms and conditions both apply, unless there is an inconsistency, in which case these terms and conditions apply to the TPS advance.